Hospital Discharge Team Coordinator - Taunton, Somerset with travel around Somerset to include Yeovil
Guide salary: £30k–£35k, DOE - 40hrs per week – Monday to Friday
Closing date: 9th January 2019
CHS Healthcare / Carehome Selection pride ourselves on being an expanding, dynamic company that has been synonymous with being a trusted provider to the NHS since 1995. We hold a large number of contracts with the NHS and have an ever expanding portfolio of work, making us the largest independent Care Coordinator in the UK. Since 1995 we have built a reputation as a trusted patient focused service specialising in assisting with hospital discharges to suitable care homes or sourcing care packages for clients leaving hospital, whilst supporting families in the process.
About the role
You will receive referrals from hospital staff and social workers for individuals who are in an acute setting and need to be moved to their home environment with appropriate support for an ongoing period of assessment. You will also be involved with facilitating discharge for people requiring long term placements in care home or to have care in their own homes. You will manage your team to support families though every step of the process, meeting defined discharge timescales. This is a high-quality service that reduces unnecessary delays in the discharge process.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal, IT, management, administrative and organisation skills. Attention to detail and the ability to think proactively on your feet is essential to this role. You will be managing a small team of both office and field-based advisers. You will be responsible for coaching, supporting and rewarding your team and therefore experience of this will be required.
- Strong leadership skills are essential as you will be required to support, coach, mentor and develop your team.
- Analytical and methodical in your approach. There is a large reporting component to this role, you will need the ability to review data outcomes and react / report as defined by the results of the data outcomes. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Proven time management skills - this is a busy scheme; you will need to rely on your team through delegation to complete the day to day tasks of running your scheme.
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment – office space and workload will prove to be an ongoing challenge.
- Excellent communication skills to enable relationships to be built with people across many departments, internal and external and across all levels of management tiers.
- A proven history of achieving KPI’s and working to strict deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate strong administration skills. A large part of the role will entail updating and maintaining client records on our bespoke in-house database.
- Experience of handling conflict resolution.
- Strong knowledge and proven history of working in an environment that requires constant multitasking skills.
In return you will be given the opportunity to work in a company that has in place an unyielding five year business plan, CHS Healthcare can offer you career progression and ongoing training to attain your ambitions. We look for highly motivated individuals who have a genuine desire to build long lasting relationships with a passion to succeed; we at CHS Healthcare look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy would be of interest to office managers, sales and marketing team leaders, lawyers, nursing and social care management.
How To Apply
Please send your CV to: Maxine O’Neill email@example.com
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview
Closing Date for applications is 9th January 2019
Face to Face interviews to be held on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th January 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.