Administrator/Adviser - Head Office, Sutton Coldfield B72
Guide salary: Â£22k to Â£24k DOE - 40hrs per week â€“ Monday-Friday (some evening and weekend work will be required)
Closing date: 7th March 2019
CHS Healthcare / Carehome Selection pride ourselves on being an expanding, dynamic company that has been synonymous with being a trusted provider to the NHS since 1995. We hold a large number of contracts with the NHS and have an ever expanding portfolio of work, making us the largest independent Care Coordinator in the UK. Since 1995 we have built a reputation as a trusted patient focused service specialising in assisting with hospital discharges to suitable care homes or sourcing care packages for clients leaving hospital, whilst supporting families in the process.
About the role
We are now looking to expand our team and are seeking a highly driven and motivated Administrator Adviser to join an established team. We work closely with hospital discharge and community care teams and you will have a varied role. You will be assisting in the timely discharge of privately funded patients into short and long term carehome placements also sourcing packages of care at home.
You will be liaising with care home managers, care agencies, senior health and social care staff, patients and their families. You will be required to call care homes to discuss patients and promote our services.
Work flow will vary and at times, you will be under pressure, being required to provide a high-quality service while also ensuring discharge takes place within set timescales. As part of your role you will be required to visit Care Homes and hospitals, owning your own car is essential.
The office is based in Sutton Coldfield but you will be expected to travel around the Midlands as required to visit hospitals and escort patients to carehome viewings.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who has excellent interpersonal, IT, administrative and organisational skills. The role will involve meeting and working with families, hospitals staff and other professionals often at a great time of stress, and you will need to work with them in a sensitive and effective way. You will have the adaptability to convey information clearly whilst working in a highly demanding environment. Attention to detail and the ability to think proactively on your feet is essential to this role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate and convey sensitive information in an empathetic manner
- The ability to time manage your day and prioritise duties in an ever changing environment
- A proven history of achieving KPI’s and working to strict deadlines
- The ability to demonstrate strong administration skills. A large part of the role will entail updating and maintaining client records on our bespoke in-house database
- Experience of negotiating on expenditures and ensuring best cost gained
- Experience of handling conflict resolution
- Strong knowledge and proven history of working in an environment that requires constant multitasking skills
- Knowledge of the NHS and/or Private Healthcare with an understanding to the pressures and importance of timely discharges is not essential but would prove to be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills to enable relationships to be built with people across many departments, internal and external and at all levels of management tiers
In return you will be given the opportunity to work in a company that has in place an unyielding five year business plan, CHS Healthcare can offer you career progression and ongoing training to attain your ambitions. We look for highly motivated individuals who have a genuine desire to build long lasting relationships with a passion to succeed; we at CHS Healthcare look forward to hearing from you.
How To Apply
Please send your CV to: Maxine O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview
Closing Date for applications is 7th March 2019
Face to Face interviews will be held on Friday 15th March 2019 and Monday 18th March 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.