Hospital Discharge Administrator/Adviser - Taunton, Somerset with travel around Somerset to include Yeovil
Guide salary: £23k to £25k DOE - 40hrs per week – Monday-Friday
Closing date: 9th January 2019
CHS Healthcare / Carehome Selection pride ourselves on being an expanding, dynamic company that has been synonymous with being a trusted provider to the NHS since 1995. We hold a large number of contracts with the NHS and have an ever expanding portfolio of work, making us the largest independent Care Coordinator in the UK. Since 1995 we have built a reputation as a trusted patient focused service specialising in assisting with hospital discharges to suitable care homes or sourcing care packages for clients leaving hospital, whilst supporting families in the process.
About the role
We are looking for a highly driven and motivated Hospital Discharge Administrator / Adviser to join our hospital discharge scheme. Working closely with Hospital discharge teams you will have a varied role, you will be responsible for the resourcing, management and timely discharged of patients from an acute Hospital setting to their own homes with a package of care, ensuring the prescribed care is in place and, being delivered by the appropriate agency. You will also be involved in the sourcing for and assisting in the timely discharge of clients for short term placements to supporting complex patient discharge in to 24hr care or sourcing a package of care at home. You will be liaising with care home managers, care agencies, senior health and social care staff, patients and their families. Work flow will vary and at times, you will be under pressure, being required to provide a high-quality service while also ensuring discharge takes place within set timescales. As part of your role you will be required to visit patients and their families on Hospital wards and may be required to work from multiple locations across the scheme, owning your own car is essential.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who has excellent interpersonal, IT, administrative and organisational skills gained through previously having worked in a customer services, hospitality, coordination, senior banking or senior administrative environment. The role will involve meeting and working with families, often at a great time of stress, and you will need to work with them in a sensitive and effective way. You will have the adaptability to convey information clearly whilst working in a highly demanding environment. Attention to detail and the ability to think proactively on your feet is essential to this role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate and convey sensitive information in an empathetic manner
- The ability to time manage your day and prioritise duties in an ever changing environment
- A proven history of achieving KPI’s and working to strict deadlines
- The ability to demonstrate strong administration skills. A large part of the role will entail updating and maintaining client records on our bespoke in-house database
- Experience of negotiating on expenditures and ensuring best cost gained
- Experience of handling conflict resolution
- Strong knowledge and proven history of working in an environment that requires constant multitasking skills
- Knowledge of the NHS and/or Private Healthcare with an understanding to the pressures and importance of timely discharges is not essential but would prove to be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills to enable relationships to be built with people across many departments, internal and external and at all levels of management tiers
In return you will be given the opportunity to work in a company that has in place an unyielding five year business plan, CHS Healthcare can offer you career progression and ongoing training to attain your ambitions. We look for highly motivated individuals who have a genuine desire to build long lasting relationships with a passion to succeed; we at CHS Healthcare look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy would be of interest to job seekers searching for the following vacancies: Customer Services, Hospitality, Coordination, Senior Banking, Senior Administration, Recruitment
How To Apply
Please send your CV to: Maxine O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview
Closing Date for applications is 9th January 2019
Face to Face interviews will be held on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th January 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.