Guide Salary: £22,100–£25,000 DOE
Closing Date: 20th September 2019
Location: Putney, SW15
Hours: 40hrs per week – Monday-Friday
Interested in becoming an Administrator?
We will need you to undergo an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are the UK’s largest independent provider in hospital discharge management services and are highly regarded in our end-to end continuing healthcare service working with all four NHS regions in England. We deliver our accredited Continuing Healthcare Education Module to all employees and our data management system, ‘Caretrack’ is approved by NHS England allowing the depth and expertise of our teams to shape all we do.
We have a reputation for responding quickly to customers’ needs and being ahead of the game in our training, thinking and exceptional high standards within Continuing Healthcare.
You will be based at our office in Putney, SW15 as a member of our Wandsworth and Merton CHC teams, delivering an “end-end” CHC service for both CCGs. The team is responsible for managing the Continuing Health Care Services on behalf of Wandsworth and Merton CCGs which includes new assessments, all reviews, appeal management as well as full data management for all patients including invoice validation. You will be responsible for working with the clinical and administrative teams to ensure that the project is delivered to a high standard and that both contract and individual KPI’s are met.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- A variety of administration tasks including accurately updating patient records, adding care packages and care homes to the database, processing invoices and contacting nursing homes to obtain patient information
- Handling requests, queries and resolving problems from internal and external customers about the system or data on the system, promptly and in a professional, friendly, clear manner
- Collaborating with other teams within CHS healthcare to support the smooth running of three contracts including brokerage for children’s services, funding review coordination and administrative support for the clinical teams.
- Work flexibly within a team and communicate well with other colleagues, ensuring all records are comprehensive and that colleagues are briefed on potential issues, which may arise during any planned absence.
- To be actively engaged in CHC / FNC education programmes as required.
- Adhere to CHS and Wandsworth CCG Policies and Procedures as directed.
- Employees must maintain the strictest security in relation to documentation and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (including the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003) and its subsequent amendments, security policies and associated legislation.
- Ensure that managers are aware of any shortfall within the service provision that maybe outside of individual scope.
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the line manager.
- A genuine team player who can build supportive friendly relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to take initiative to problem solve and resolve complex customer queries
- Skilled in customer service, IT and administration with ideally but not essentially a healthcare- related background or with significant invoice processing / validating experience
- Confident, with a friendly telephone manner and committed to providing an excellent service for all customers
- Persuasive, positive with a can-do manner. Driven to achieve high standards, hard-working, willing to learn and be flexible to take on new challenges
- Smart, professional and keen to progress your career
- Ideally graduate/A level or equivalent standard with at least 5 GCSE’s at C and above. Good excel (ideally using vlookups) and word skills, many of our team are recent graduates with some admin experience with an interest in developing careers in IT, accounts management, training or health-care
This is a great opportunity to start or develop your career with a fast growing, exciting company.
Please send your CV to: Maxine O’Neill email@example.com
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview
Closing Date for applications is 20th September 2019
Face to Face interviews will be held on Monday 30th September 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.